Millgrove Construction have been appointed to carry out the next phase of listed building refurbishment following the successful completion of Grainger plc’s base of operations in 2013, the Smith Dorrien House building and the Maida gym in 2014/5.
Mandora House represents another step in redeveloping the area and the opportunity to work on another historic building steeped in military history. Mandora House was part of the Mandora Barracks constructed in 1895 and is the only building that remains following demolition in 1970. It is now used as a business and enterprise centre for local people and the military community in North Hampshire.
Millgrove Construction have been tasked with providing essential repair and maintenance works to protect the integrity and fabric of the building, necessary to maintain them in a reasonably stable and wind/watertight condition to meet the obligations imposed by the local planning authority.
This will involve repairs to the chimneys, roofs, bricks, rainwater goods, joinery and drainage plus the repairs and possible replacement of the sky lights. Redecoration of all exposed timber work, including windows.